4 Hacks to Drink More Water
We all know that drinking water is good for us, but so many of us get only a fraction of the water that our bodies need daily. A good rule of thumb when it comes to water = 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water every day. That means, if you’re 160 lbs, you should be getting 80 ounces of water every day. If that sounds like a lot more than you ever get, read on to find out how to incorporate more water into your life:
- Make it part of your “daily routine” before you drink your coffee in the morning, drink a glass of lemon water (a detoxifying and anti-inflammatory wonder fruit.)
- Make “Spa Water”. It’s easy to put an exciting twist on a glass of water by adding fruits and herbs for a healthy, flavored-infused, colorful drink.
- Strawberry/lemon, strawberry/kiwi or strawberry/basil
- Pineapple/basil or pineapple/mango
- Lemon/Thyme or Lemon/Lime
3. Make “Sun Tea”. Try green tea (for its many health benefits – mint green tea is delicious). Floral or citrus varieties are always good choices. Put a box of tea bags in a gallon of water and let it sit in the sun for 3-4 hours. Add ice and drink up!
4. Enjoy a cup of warm herbal tea after dinner when you’re watching your favorite show (stay away from caffeinated varieties at night). This will not only keep you from eating foods that you might not want to be eating at this point in the night, but it will also help you get another cup of water in for the day. A cup of hot tea is also a comforting wind-down from your busy day.
5. Drink with a metal straw. Using a straw will make you drink faster, causing you to drink more water. It also protects your teeth when drinking your morning lemon water.
However you do it, make it a goal to get more water in your daily life. Your body will thank you for it.